Wednesday, September 17, 2008

6 Things, 6 Tags (Chain Letter '08)

I'm quite late to the game, but here goes...

@CalamityJen, one of my favorite tweeters (especially for her stories about the witness protection program) tapped me to participate in this 6-6 chain challenge thing. And I'm obliging. 

Lower your expectations and proceed...


Six Interesting Things About Me

1. My father is literally a rocket scientist and I'm named (middle name) after the astronaut John Glenn.

2. I've only been in two formal groups in my life: the Cub Scouts and the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity. They were huge fun while they lasted and I wouldn't change a thing...

3. My favorite author is John Irving...unless he disappoints me again (e.g., A Son of the Circus and Until I Find You.)

4. I play a 65-year-old acoustic guitar (Gibson LG-1). It's beautiful. My playing is not.

5. I met my wife while working at the Entomological Society of America. She is NOT an entomologist. (Neither am I).

6. I once spilled an entire pitcher of iced tea on George Thorogood's seamstress...and the shirt he was about to wear on stage (insert "s-s-s-soaked to the bone" joke here).


Tag, You're It

1. @lizwebpage, Our Hypothetical Blog (The Spin Queen of Beantown—it's the RPMs not the lies)

2. @pprlisa, Our Hypothetical Blog (this may get her to post for once—lazy Pepper)

3. @jessicaknows, JessicaKnows (and YOU need to know Jessica)

4. @PRsarahevans, PRsarahelizabeth’s Weblog (a new, and promising tweeter/blogger)

5. @akaMonty, The Daily Bitch (don't know about that, but she's the hostess with the mostest)

6. @Jeckles, Jeckles Geek Blog (Trying to make up for the hatin' I did)


Official Rules

1. Link to the person who tagged you.

2. Post the rules on the blog.

3. Write six random things about yourself.

4. Tag six people at the end of your post.

5. Let each person know they have been tagged.

6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


Tweet Wannabes

Truly participating in this "challenge" meant taking my blog public. (CJ, if it was your goal to drive me out of my hole—well done). I hadn't planned to be unguarded for many months/a year. (History has shown that I'm not that dependable.)

I was also once a runner-for-a-day for the Cowboy Junkies. I was the only person in the seats at sound check and Margo Timmons sang "Misguided Angel" just to me. She's almost as beautiful as... 

...My wife killed hundreds of insects while working at ESA despite the strict catch-and-release policy in the employee handbook. And she was the head of marketing... 

Gee, we couldn't get another six on this challenge? Then it really would have been the devil's details...

5 comments:

Shannon akaMonty said...

haha! You've been OUTED! :) Thanks for the tag! Now I have to try & come up with six interesting things. I don't think I have that many. hehehe

Jennifer said...

I love it, PD! And I didn't know about your illustrious affiliation with PKA. I dated a Pike once. You guys are hard core. That's all I'm sayin'.

I'm with you on John Irving. LOVED A Prayer for Owen Meany. One of my all-time favorite books. And it doesn't get any better than The World According to Garp.

Thanks for playing! :-)

Jen

PopDaddy said...

Thanks, Monty! Thanks, Jen! Yeah, the Pikes of Delta Omega were awesome (despite my inclusion). And you must read "A Widow for One Year"--my fav after Garp.

Thanks!
PD

Thronkus said...

Hey PD! Good blogification! My father was an entymologist (and a physician/scientist/anthropologist/mycologist/>among other things.
Keep up the blog! Jesse, aka twitter/thronkus

followthatdog said...

That's a great list. I'm sincerely impressed.